Choosing a course is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make! View our courses and see what our students and lecturers have to say about the courses you are interested in at the links below.
Each year more than 4,000 choose NUI Galway as their University of choice. Find out what life at NUI Galway is all about here.
About NUI Galway
About NUI Galway
Since 1845, NUI Galway has been sharing the highest quality teaching and research with Ireland and the world. Find out what makes our University so special – from our distinguished history to the latest news and campus developments.
Colleges & Schools
Colleges & Schools
NUI Galway has earned international recognition as a research-led university with a commitment to top quality teaching across a range of key areas of expertise.
- Research & Innovation
- Business & Industry
- Alumni, Friends & Supporters
At NUI Galway, we believe that the best learning takes place when you apply what you learn in a real world context. That's why many of our courses include work placements or community projects.
Student Services will continue to offer services via email, phone and online platforms during the Coronavirus closure period. Please visit the relevant webpages for details: Student FAQs
Remote service, contact via email / phone / MS Teams
Current registered full-time Mature Students:
- Wednesdays Virtual Coffee at 12:00 on Blackboard Collaborate https://eu.bbcollab.com/guest/5700dbd94036449f88eaf8444d218ada
- Appointments can be scheduled at other times if you have lectures at this time. See here on how to create a MS Teams appointment through your Student email calendar here: https://youtu.be/Bq9ig9iIj5Y
- Email email@example.com
HEAR / Access / FE Undergraduates
Please contact us with any concerns that you may have as we approach exam time.
- Access and FE undergraduates, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- HEAR Undergraduates, please email: HEAR@nuigalway.ie
Please be reassured that the access team are here to help where possible. Staff are still working remotely to ensure that students are assisted and supported where possible. We are not in a position to monitor voice messages and please be aware that staff have limited access to emails. We will respond to your query as soon as is possible. If you need to contact a member of staff urgently in the Access Centre, please email email@example.com
Diploma in Foundation Studies Students SFD1 & SFD8
- Details of virtual coffee mornings and contacting me are available on your Announcements on Blackboard Collaborate.
Queries from Prospective Mature Students interested in Full-time Undergraduate Study:
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a Zoom appointment or email for advice and information on applying for a full-time degree as a Mature Student. Mature Students Guide and Entrance assessment information at www.nuigalway.ie/mature
- Virtual Open Day October 24th Details at: www.nuigalway.ie/opendays
- Virtual Public Mature Students Information Evening will be Wednesday January 13th. Details at www.nuigalway.ie/mature/public-events
Accommodation and Welfare
Remote service, contact via email / phone
- The Accommodation and Welfare team assist you to find advice and support on accommodation and financial matters.
- The staff will continue to support students remotely during normal working hours. To contact us in Accommodation and Welfare please click here.
- We are available from Monday – Friday (10 am – 12.30 and 14.30 – 16.00)
The Career Development Centre aim to provide a quality career guidance and information service focused on facilitating and empowering you to manage your own career development and make effective career transition
Staff from the Career Development Centre are available to talk to students, academics and employer partners via email and phone during standard working hours. We are not in a position to monitor voice messages but will respond to your contact as follows:
- If you are a student (not on placement) log a query on Careers Connect and one of the team will get back to you http://www.nuigalway.ie/career-development-centre/careersconnect/
- If you are a student on placement email your query to email@example.com and your Placement Officer will respond
- If you are an employer email firstname.lastname@example.org and a team member will get back to you.
For all general queries email email@example.com
Remote service, contact via email / phone
- The Chaplaincy service offers pastoral care, welfare support and spiritual guidance to the students and staff of NUI Galway.
- The Chaplaincy Service is available to support students and staff remotely during normal working hours and outside of working hours, when required. The Chaplaincy Office on 6 Distillery Road is closed at present. However, we are available to continue to meet students to deal with an urgent or emergency situation. We can be contacted as follows:
Fr Ben Hughes, Chaplain
T: 087 203 7538
Jimmy McGovern, Seas Suas Manager
T: 083 062 6898
Remote service, set up appointment via email
- You can consult with a member of the NUI Galway counselling service for any issue. We provide skilled listeners who have experience dealing with all the challenges students encounter
- NUI Galway Student Counselling is continuing to operate, remotely online or by phone. For all current users of the Student Counselling Service we are continuing to offer counselling online.
- For enquiries or to set up an online/phone assessment please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Remote service via email and MS Teams
Contact the Disability Support Service and access disability related support remotely via email and MS Teams.
• If you are a student who is already registered with the Disability Support Service, you can email your Disability Advisor (as detailed on your LENS report)
• If you are a student who is already registered with the Disability Support Service, and you require assistive technology support, you can email your Assistive Technology Officer
• If you are a student who wishes to register with the Disability Support Service, you can complete our online registration form
• For all other disability support related queries, please email email@example.com. Please note that there may be delays in responding to emails, as we are receiving a high volume of emails at present. However, we will do all that we can to keep such delays to a minimum.
Remote service via email / phone
SocsBox Virtual Help Desk Monday – Thursday, 2pm - 5pm & 6pm - 8pm at https://bit.ly/3cCWc2B
All society activity on campus is suspended until Áras na Mac Léinn reopens. However, Societies are running virtual events. The SocsBox is contactable by email:
Áras na Mac Léinn rooms, The Hub and Hub Central are currently closed.
- You can join Societies by logging into your student account on yourspace.nuigalway.ie
- Society banking online will be facilitated remotely. Society information will be on www.socs.nuigalway.ie.
- www.nuigstudents.ie will be updated regularly with news on extracurricular activities.
Contact via email / phone, face-to-face consultations are still taking place, but only following initial phone assessment/triage
- Students are not permitted to enter the Student Health Unit at present without first contacting the practice.
- Arrange an appointment online now via this online form.
- If you are experiencing COVID-19 related symptoms, please read the advice HERE.
- This service is monitored from Monday to Friday ONLY. For Urgent queries please phone (091) 492604.
The Safe Campus initiative is designed to raise awareness about maintaining a safe campus and raising awareness of personal safety wherever we are.
NUI Galway are leading a national conversation on sexual consent training. Students are welcome to participate in research, workshops and engage with a fantastic programme, Smart Consent, that is helping to transform our relationships.
NUI Galway have designed the ultimate First Year quiz.